Book Title: Infusion Nursing: An Evidence-Based Approach, 3e (Alexander, Infusion Nursing)
Author: Infusion Nurses Society
With a new focus on evidence-based practice, the 3rd edition of this authoritative reference covers every aspect of infusion therapy and can be applied to any clinical setting. Completely updated content brings you the latest advances in equipment, technology, best practices, guidelines, and patient safety. Other key topics include quality management, ethical and legal issues, patient education, and financial considerations. Ideal as a practical clinical reference, this essential guide is also a perfect review tool for the CRNI examination.
- Authored by the Infusion Nurses Society, this highly respected reference sets the standard for infusion nursing practice.
- Coverage of all 9 core areas of INS certification makes this a valuable review resource for the examination.
- Material progresses from basic to advanced to help new practitioners build a solid foundation of knowledge before moving on to more advanced topics.
- Each chapter focuses on a single topic and can serve as a stand-alone reference for busy nursing professionals.
- Expanded coverage of infusion therapy equipment, product selection, and evaluation help you provide safe, effective care.
- A separate chapter on infusion therapy across the continuum offers valuable guidance for treating patients with infusion therapy needs in outpatient, long-term, and home-care, as well as hospice and ambulatory care centers.
- Extensive information on specialties addresses key areas such as oncology, pain management, blood components, and parenteral nutrition.
- An evidence-based approach and new Focus on Evidence boxes throughout the book emphasize the importance of research in achieving the best possible patient outcomes.
- The user-friendly design highlights essential information in handy boxes, tables, and lists for quick access.
- Completely updated coverage ensures you are using the most current infusion therapy guidelines available.